Monday, November 1, 2010

Laundry Sets


One of my favorite toys of the past year are these laundry sets. My husband's grandmother made them for many children during her life and I was fortunate enough to get the pattern. My children have had hours of fun ironing the flat clothes smooth with a wooden toy iron on an ironing board just their size and then hanging them on a clothesline strung between two chairs. They love it! And I love it because it's battery-free, silent, absorbing and meditative in the way the best toys are. They learn some skills, but mostly it's fun to pretend like they are helping daddy's shirt get smooth for Sunday or hanging up Mommy's pajamas. I'm excited to share these with other like-minded parents. This Laundry Set (available at the Bliss Handmade Boutique) will include the clothes you see here (fabric prints may vary), an ironing board to lay on the table or couch, a wooden iron, and a basket to hold everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment